Selasa, 18 Agustus 2009

Being Old

4 May 2007

I was firstly aware that I was old when my parents visited me in Sydney. For the first time in my live, I was making decisions for my parents, where they should eat, where they should go, and they lived out of my mercy (at least, my translation service was fundamental for their survival in Australia as they cannot speak proper English).
I am becoming more aware about my ‘old’ age lately. Everyone around me started to be sick showing that they are getting older and so am I. I am also more aware of the need of fixed income for daily survival and the need to have good health insurance to protect us from bad things.
Being 20 something means that we start to take up greater responsibilities in our lives. Some people are very aware of that, but others are just unaware of that or would like to pretend that there is no responsibility.
I believe that I have been spared from the responsibility long enough and now it starts to trickle into my daily life. I do wonder how I will see my life at twenties once this period comes to an end. Have I done good enough; have I made it meaningful; if I could have done something differently, what would that have been?
What should I do then within this twenty something period? To live life to the fullest; to rejoice in the Lord starting from now (An adaptation from the first answer in the Westminster Cathecism).

1 komentar:

  1. I used the issue here as an inspiration to my posting =), check it out...

    BalasHapus